Privacy Information

PSSA Retirement

This information is supplied for a basic understanding of what is offered.  Please contact HR for Specifics and applicability.  Each Title is linked to website or PDF for more information


Civilian and limited  commissioned Officers are covered under PERS for their retirement.  Basically, an employee would get 2% per year and be eligible for retirement at 65- with at least 5 years of service.  See PERS website for more info.  

City Retirement

Police Employees do not contribute into Social Security, instead, the agency participates in the Municipal Employees' Benefit Trust (MEBT).  Basically, the money that the employer and the employee would have put into social security is instead deposited into MEBT.  This account is accessible (can be borrowed from) to the employee after five years, and can be withdrawn upon separation from service.  Not all agencies match this money, Federal Way does.

* Items included in this section are covered under contract and can change.   Every effort is made to keep this information updated, but applicant should contact the Recruiting Unit for the most updated information.